1.07.2013

Catching Up



Hi everyone, Happy New Year! I know I’m a little late with my New Year wishes. I've had a lazy and laid back holiday. It’s been great. The kids all came home for Christmas. It was great having a little guy here. He got much more excited than the big guys. And I have to say, it warmed my heart to hear him call me Nana. :)

tree_edited-1

Let me play catch up for a minute. I never showed you our Thanksgiving feast. 
And I want to make sure they’re in my blog before we get too far into the new year!

thanksgiving flowers 4_edited-1

We had dinner inside again this year because it was too cold and windy.
You can see years past here, here and here.

thanksgiving flowers 2_edited-1

My sister found these planters that looked like bark. I brought some potted mums which we cut up and put them in oasis. Then we mixed in some other cut flowers and greens from the yard.   
I think they turned out beautiful.

thanksgiving flowers3_edited-1 

The manly men and their manly tools cut some large logs into discs about 3 inches thick. 
They made a great base for the candles and hurricane globes.

Thanksgiving flowers 2012_edited-1

Remember the little place card holders I made? Okay, so I had help. 
They went together with the planters so well.

thanksgiving flowers 6_edited-1

And last was the abundance of desserts! Oh my, it was all so good.
But it’s time to say good by to all those sweets.


New Years Eve was quiet around here. And now that #3 son is back at college and the house is once again quiet I need to start working on a few things.

I won’t call them resolutions. Too much pressure. But definitely I have things I want to accomplish.
Those are just some of the things that come to mind at the moment.

  • sew curtains for the kitchen
  • post my kitchen reveal (I did not forget)
  • paint the upstairs bathroom
  • restock my etsy shop
  • redo my cane chairs
  • paint some furniture
  • redo #3’s bedroom
  • tend to my garden (have I told you about the stinkhorns I have? ICK!)
  • paint the front door and all interior doors
  • shop for a new chair for the living room
  • lose weight (see above dessert table)


How about you? What’s on your list?

xmas bokeh_edited-1

Hope you are having a great start to your new year.

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Nice table setting for Thanksgiving...
    And isn't it lovely to have all the family members gather together for special occasions?
    I love the stories during these holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..... what a table! it is gorgeous, but wow the size, too! so awesome to have that much family together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita,
    Beautiful tablescape! Do you happen to know where your sister got those neat looking vases? Happy New Year to you too!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo hoo! you have quite a year planned, Anita! Hope it's off to a good start.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table was beautiful Anita! Sounds like you had wonderful holidays surrounded by family. That is the best! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous, Anita! I wish you and your beautiful family a wondrous 2013.

    Marie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, how wonderful that the kids were there, and what a wonderful word...nana! :)
    yummy desserts!
    that's a nice list of goals.... doable in a year, don't cha think?

    good luck Anita!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you, Anita! This is just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What pretty photos, love that last bokeh filled one. And he called you Nana? That is awesome. Christmas is for the little ones, so much fun.
    Once again, your Thanksgiving table turned out fabulous. All of it so creative.
    I'm still looking forward to seeing your kitchen reveal.
    Happy 2013

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anita,

    I’ve nominated your blog for a Liebster Award. You can find the details in a post on my blog. If you choose to participate, please leave me a reply here so I don’t miss it. Can’t wait to read more about you!

    Laurie
    111lalalane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you have had a very good family
    holiday season and now it's back to reality.
    I also have things to get back to having my
    sister here since early December.. she will
    be flying early March then as you,, back to
    my life. You spoke of making your own vanilla
    I also have my bottle soaking the bean goodness.
    Seems we all have been using the Beaver Juice
    for over 40 years with no idea??
    Have a great weekend my friend.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your table decorations! It give me an idea for a possible upcoming wedding.
    Being a grandma is the BEST, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW..... what a table! it is gorgeous, but wow the size, too!
    If you choose to participate, please leave me a reply here so I don’t miss it. Can’t wait to read more about you! - wholesale laundry supplies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss your posts. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the table set up, especially the food arrangements, and the candles, it is all so lovely and heart-warming, and you did a great job. And the food looks so delicious, you made it all perfect. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures, I crave for candy now.

    Online Doctorate by Dora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Watch this video, share it with as many people as you can. this changed how I perceived gender issues.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails