11.15.2011

Give Thanks Banner



I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week.

We are having our big feast at my sister’s home in Jacksonville again. 
If all goes well we will eat outside this year too. Only this year we will be over 40 people! 
You can go here to see our table from last year. And here for our Thanksgiving in 2009.

tday banner_edited-1

I’m trying to come up with some ideas for the table this year. 
This has nothing to do with the table but I thought a banner might look cute on her porch. 
I had everything on hand already.  I reused the burlap from last years runners. 
I had some canvas scraps that I used to print out the letters. 
I’m a sucker for cute fonts and I really love this one.
It's called beauregard and you can find it on dafont.com. Or right here.
You're welcome.

tday banner4_edited-1

I used freezer paper and ironed it on the canvas then ran them through the printer. 
The paper was giving me some problems this time.
I think it was because the canvas is pretty heavy. 
But after a couple of do overs I was good to go.

tday banner3_edited-1

I stitched on some bias tape. I couldn’t remember why I had bought it.
I must of had a plan for it. Oh well, I used it now.

tday banner2_edited-1

I hot glued a few leaves and pinecones to use as a divider.
Then I had to tack down the canvas at the bottom because it was wanting to curl.
Leave it to Florida to be humid in November.
I should have sewn it down because the glue gun and I were not getting along today.

thumb_edited-1

I have no idea how I got that much glue on my thumb.
Gah, it hurt so much. It was throbbing like Fred Flintstone!

That is the glue peeling off, not my thumb. 
That will happen soon though because that’s a blister forming right under it.

I’ll be back soon to show you what I did with the rest of the sweater from the pumpkins.
Now that’s an odd sentence.


Linking up with:
Funky Junk: SNS 107 Banners

image

17 comments:

  1. I can't glue gun anything without getting it on my fingers!! It does hurt! That's a lot of people..., at least for me it is, having a tiny family. And... oh so nice to be able to sit outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the banner looks awesome! and i have done that with the glue gun before... i scared my husband i did it so bad once and screamed so loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH! your banner looks super terrific though so I hope to you it was worth the burn. CUTE idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great, Anita! Love your table from last year. I'm working to get ideas for outdoor tables...but we'll only have 14 people. My sister-in-law and I are trying to throw it together long distance. (Heading to Pensacola). Hope your thumb heals quick. I do that about every time I use one of those things!

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just happened upon your blog. Your banner is great. I'm your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back to get in on a driftwood sailboat give-a-way. Sherron
    http://smallholdings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 40 people...that's a wonderful Thanksgiving get-together! I love the banner, and hope the finger heals quickly! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when you did your Thanksgiving post last year. I was so jealous that you got to eat outside :)

    Your banner turned out great, that is a cute font.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once, while kneeling on the floor to Super Glue something, I glued myself to the floor! Yea, I need to stay away from stuff like that.

    Your banner is fabulous and I hope your Thanksgiving is also.

    Mary @ SeaQuilts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful banner....love the layers and added detail with the green. Not so much on the blister...you must have a SUPER GLUE GUN..I burn myself all the time but cant say Ive had anything that bad.

    Feel better :)


    MJ
    Lucky 7 Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. Love the font. I always keep a glass of ice water close by when I'm hot gluing. My fingers take the plunge quite often during a hot glue project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch! Glue gun burns are the worst! Your banner is so adorable - you are so talented, Anita. In case I don't get back over here, I hope you and your family have a beautiful Thanksgiving.

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, ow! I hate glue gun burns!
    The banner looks really cute, though! I love the soft green with the font color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute. And amazing that you did it up with what you had on hand.
    Hot glue guns are evil.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your banner is so pretty and festive, Anita! That will be a nice welcome to all of your family and guests on Thanksgiving. Sorry about your finger! I feel for you....I did that about a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot even imagine eating outside for Thanksgiving! We have snow on the ground here this morning.
    Your banner is so cute, Anita. What a nice welcome for the holiday company.
    You did a terrific job on the banner!!!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ouch! but by the look of that great banner...a little hot glue must of been worth it..Checked out the last years table and I thought it was amazing..I am looking forward to seeing what you did with that sweater as well!
    ox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails