4.07.2012

Spring Mantel



I’m working on prepping the kitchen today. Such a tedious job.
Taking downing and cleaning all the cabinets. I just have to have the vision of a brighter kitchen in my mind to get through all the boring prep stuff.

But I did take a few minutes to change up the mantel in the living room
And I do mean just a few minutes.

mantel redo a

The mirrors were there already.

mantel3a_edited-1 
A friend of mine works at Tuesday Morning and she picked up this wire pot holder.
Isn’t it cute? I know there are not any fleurs in them but I like the green for spring.

mantel4_edited-1

I cut a couple of branches from the philodendron that is out by the pool give it some height.

mantel8b_edited-1

I filled the vase with some shells to hold them in place.

mantel6_edited-1

And that is about it.

mantel_edited-1

Spring has sprung on my mantel.
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

linking up with:

Oh, still planning a giveaway.
 Figured I'd wait until next week since everyone is busy with the holiday weekend. 

 Happy Easter!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. pretty! i love the layered mirrors and the greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mirrors, Anita. You can never have too many! My very favorite though is the cute little wire basket with the pots. Tres magnifique! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Anita! Your new fleurs basket is wonderful.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LoVe it.
    Nothing like a mini makeover to brighten up a space......
    Happy Easter!
    .............................................
    Tania @ Scandi Coast Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Anita!! I really need to get my mantel all ready with some coastal beauties. Hope you have a Blessed Easter my friend!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anita~

    Your mantel looks so pretty, and I love the sweet wire pot holder with the greenery~ so cute! And those mirrors are beautiful! You did a wonderful job, and your mantel definitely looks ready for spring! :) And I hope it is going well working on your kitchen! Prepping the kitchen is never the funnest part of a project for sure. :)

    I also hope you have a lovely, blessed Easter! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cute little wire basket, looks so great on your pretty mantel!

    Happy Easter, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PREPPING THE KITCHEN! DID YOU SAY, PREPPING THE KITCHEN, ANITA! I bet get myself moving in gear here!!!

    Happy Spring! Your mantle photos are so nice! The shells floating in the water are spectacular! Up north we, um I, don't think about those for decorations, other than in the bathroom!

    Your mantle is pretty and soon enough you will be able to put fleurs everywhere!

    Happy Easter to you and your guys!
    xo
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clean and fresh! Love it! Happy Easter.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! We used to grow your height - givers, but we called them Elephant Ears! As a kid in SoCa I used to hide in them! Also working on my kitchen, starting Monday! Really! Just waiting for Monday. Admire your mantle, very classy & quick! Happy Easter to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Anita! I love the large philodendron leaves.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! In SoCa they are green all year and flower in Summer! Looking forward to the kitchen work. You have such beautiful ideas! In Southern Oregon, where we are now, they rarely flower, but are still huge! Great day to you! And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita--your mantel is sooo pretty! I never decorate. :( you may not believe this, but I JUST took my wreath down last week. (yeah, from Christmas) sad, I know! It was blue and silver and I really liked looking at it.

    Happy Easter!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the mantel, Anita. So fresh and clean. Plus, fronds are very "in" right now, so how chic are you?
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Mantel Anita! Love the freshness! Hope your Easter was great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mantle looks so good, Anita! Very nice and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails