4.24.2012

Color Swatch App



I came across this app the other day and thought I would share. 
It can really be helpful if you are trying to find colors to use in a room. 
It's a Sherwin Williams app called Color Snap.






It works on my iPad and iPhone but I think it will work with any smart phone.

You can take a picture using the app or you can use a photo you already have.




Then you hold your finger over an area to find a color.





And keep adding colors that you want to include in your palette.


When you save them it comes up with paint samples. 

These are the 3 colors I picked. But Im not liking the last one too well.




No problem, I can adjust any of the colors by lightness, hue or saturation!
You can scroll left of right for more colors. 




There, a little less peachy!

Isn't that cool?

I'm still fiddling with it but I think I can be really usefull.
Let me now if you try it out. 
Oh, and it's free!




Now to get on track with that kitchen!














7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm definitely trying this one out. I don't like the colors I have painted on my walls. At all. Maybe this will help. Can't wait to try it!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this! I have a piece of artwork In our guest room that I want to use as my focal point. This app will be very helpful! Thanks for sharing it and have fun with your kitchen, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like free! Did not know about this app! Thanks for sharing! I will most definitely try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That could seriously come in handy. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anita,
    looks like you hit on a good way to check out color combos.......the other one I love is design seeds.....
    Great color combo...but yours looks like it will work well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cool. I was reluctant to download one more useless app. But that looks like one I would use, thanks for sharing. And, how's the kitchen coming along? I've been wondering about you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails