4.22.2011

Happy Easter!

First, I want to thank everyone for all of the wonderful comments about my old peeling mirror. I was blown away by how much you all liked it. I was unsure about it in the beginning but you guys really made me feel great. I have the best followers ever!

I tried to get just a few Easter things out because I wanted to join Tricia @ A Rosy Note for her Photo Feature Friday. Then I had to go get candy because well, I can’t take a picture of a candy dish with no candy. I didn’t have great light in the house by the time I got back so I just got a couple of shots off. And now I’m late for the party. What else is new huh?

candy-dish levels adjustment, –20 saturation, Sweettart texture (Kim Klassen) soft light, 63%

Then I had to run outside to get some shots of my amaryllis that recently bloomed. Not an Easter lily but darn close. Let’s just pretend.

amarylis2straight out of camera, just slight sharpen

amarylis yellow saturation –20, ran high pass filter
high pass is something new to me, I’m still learning.

amarylis3cropped, levels and brightened




This one I wasn’t too sure about when I first saw it.
But I think it came out pretty good.
Hover your mouse over the picture to see the before.
cropped, brightness +74 contrast +8, high I know but then I masked out the whole picture with black so that it was like it was not there. Next I took a soft white brush and brought back the brightness on just the flowers and stem.  Lowered the opacity to 50% and then softened the edges.
Then I increased the saturation +15.
Can you see the difference? I couldn’t really see the flowers all that well in the before.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter holiday.
candy-dish2 levels adjustment, Sweets texture (The Coffeeshop Blog),
#3 Texture (SKC Photography)





see ya,
image


32 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Anita! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you too. You sure are becoming a photoshop pro. Pretty pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter eggs and flowers...
    they really do make me feel good even just by looking at them. Your pics are amazing.

    So glad to have found your blog...
    I'm your newest follower ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Easter!!!! I think I need to get a white chocolate bunny for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what have you done the apple tree picture (or what ever tree is that).
    How you do that before and after effect in same picture just mouse over the picture to see the before?!?!
    Have a GREAT weekend and thank's for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter to you too! These photos are so pretty and just what I needed today. I looked out my window this morning to discover snow on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter Anita to you too! Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos Anita! I love how you told us about all of your adjustments too. That last flower picture is quite the transformation, the flower is so much brighter. I'm going to have to look into the whole mouse over thing and the high pass filter...I've seen other people mention that, but I'm clueless.

    Thanks for sharing your post at my party! I hope you have a wonderful Easter :)

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful picture...thanks for the photo tips. I just got Element 9 but I still have to learn how to use it. You did a wonderful job. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color saturations you are doing, Anita. Spring has sprung!
    Happy Easter!!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are gorgeous pictures. You have such a good eye. I'm glad you like your mirror frame better now. I just love that one. I think that's my favorite refurbish of yours that I've seen thus far. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH I love that little dish. So pretty. Beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter! Beautiful photos! LOVE seeing the flowers!!!
    xo
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you are a photo pro, beautiful pics! I need to learn how you do all that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos and I appreciate your 'recipe' for each one. It will be a month before we see flowers as pretty as yours.

    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my! I have a bunny bowl like that. Not exactly but very close. When Mama died in 2009 it was one of the few things I brought with me. Easter blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful photographs!!

    Have a blessed Easter!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl, pretty soon you're going to have start Photoshop edit tutorials! I love the last shot best. I couldn't figure out why you didn't like it then I read all you did to adjust it. I'm on the iPhone do I can't see the before but it sounds like you did a lot of work to get it to look as beautiful as it does. Good job!!

    Happe Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Easter to you and your family. Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job on the photos!
    Happy Easter, Anita!!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Easter!

    Great touch-up on your photos. loved seeing the before and after on the white.

    P.S. I'm going to send you a pic of my bamboo chairs next week, I love them so!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos are beautiful! Happy Easter, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The last photo turned out fantastic!! Happy Easter you & yours, Anita :O)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are gorgeous Anita!! I love how the last photo turned out.
    I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and a blessed Easter!!
    Hugs!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely pictures...hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photos, Anita! I will know who to turn to when I get a new camera! I bet the bunny dish is missing a little candy after today! Hope you had a nice Easter!
    XO,
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh how I love that little candy dish, totally adorable. And great job on the photos. Look at you going all 'high pass filter' on me. Really, great job with them.
    Hope you had a lovely Easter.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful post for Easter weekend! The candy is yumm, and the flower is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's really fun to see what you do with your photos! I love the white blossoms.

    Sure, an amaryllis is close enough to an Easter lily. I'll pretend with you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful amaryllis. And I like your white blossom too:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful pictures. It is fun to learn isn't it. My pictures are getting better SOOT, but I still have a lot to learn about the post processing. You seem to be getting the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Anita... I so want a new camera, like yours!
    your photos are sharp! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Potting Table.. all you need is some scrap wood and a hammer..lol (you may not have noticed but mine is crooked...lol)
    Thanks again
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails