9.16.2011

Repurposing



I try to be more aware of the things that get thrown away around here.
I like to repupose things, to see what else they can become.
Give them another life if you will.

I know I’ve shown my sewing room before. 
But since Donna’s themed link up for this week’s SNS is repurposing.
So, I thought I’d point out a few thing of the things I’ve done in here.


sewing table_edited-1
(look, more trim to paint. will it ever end?)

The table was put together with some new wood for the base 
but the top is one of the flat paneled doors that we are replacing in the house.
 All that was needed was to add a bit of trim.
I left the doorknob hole for the cord to go through.
You can see how it was put together here.


memo board_edited-1

The memo board was an old window frame. 
I just added some chicken wire for one side and some foam board covered in burlap for the other. 
You can see how I put it together here.
The ribbon holder was just an old shelf I had picked up at an estate sale.


jars2

I added some old jars with some plumbing straps. 
They make great holders for brushes, scissors or a jute dispenser.


pincushion_edited-1

Jars are great for holding a lot of things. 
Here I just replaced the top insert with some fabric and stuffing and it’s now a handy pincushion.


quilts2_edited-1

I picked these quilt pieces up from ebay the other day.
I’ve been hanging out there looking for some vintage quilts.
I haven’t had any luck winning any big quilts but I did get these pieces.


quilts_edited-1

They are waiting for some repurposing of their own.
What have you repurposed lately?

Linking up with:
Funky Junk Interiors: SNS 99 Repurposing

image

25 comments:

  1. Love love the memo board Anita and your quilts are just darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has quite cheered me up.
    Everything so well and neatly arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like everything you have done in that room, but that jar with the pin cushion on top and the thread inside....pure genius. It's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks great. Love your window...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant repurposing! Using the door for a tabletop and the hole for the knob to run your cord through. Great idea! Your sewing area is perfectly perfect. Enjoy! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that chicken wire frame and what you did with the jars!! The only thing I've been repurposing lately is collecting glass jars and using them as drinking glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your repurposed craft nook.... after all i think if you are creative and crafty, your craft area should reflect that rather than being off the shelf storage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh...even your sewing table is cuter than anything I own!
    Listen, here's the deal. I will adopt you. Yes, you can be my daughter. But it'll kind of be slave labour arrangement where you will only get food once you've redecorated one room. Kind of like Little Orphan Annie only without Carol Burnett and the bald guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE what you did in here!! It's so happy and organized. I want to sit there and create!!!!

    btw, love the "create" on the table, too!!!

    xo
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished repurposing my entire back deck. Your room is superb and I love all the little details (chicken wire, burlap, jar holders). Fabulous job!

    Hope you're having a good weekend.

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Anita, this looks so nice!! I only have a sewing corner, but I'd love to have it look like this :)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  12. See!! Here I am!! I have to tell you that I am SO hugely jealous of you having Restoration Hardware to shop at. I wish, I wish we could have it over in England too. I think I;d move in!!

    Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The board is so great! I am loving your quilt pieces. I love quilts lately. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, Anita! So many terrific ideas here! I love your window turned memo board! The chicken wire is perfection! Ditto with the jars! And I will have to keep your door in mind for my sewing machine table. Love, love, love the idea of the keyhole as the hole for the cord:) Oh, and I really love your shelf, too! Awesome ideas, congrat to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your re purposed stuff! Lots of personality. :)
    Those quilt pieces are great, too. I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anita,
    I love your look and what you have reused and re-purposed..making something have another chance at a different function..Bravo!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your sewing room, I really love that table you made. Hmmmmmmm. Well, the only thing I can think of is repurposing an old galvanized wash tub into a planter, and adding it to my front landscaping. I think I do so much of that, I don't even think of it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your re-purposing Anita and your sewing area looks beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with the quilts, they are so pretty.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have 2 pieces in the garage waiting for me...does that count??
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I am all into re-purposing and you have done an awesome job in that room! Great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your sewing room is so charming and I love the creative re-purposing that you've done!
    Thanks so much for your kind comment at iStudio! Much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your sewing room is way nicer then my mom's. I keep telling her if you want to sew better make the room you sew in more pretty. You need a room that inspire you.

    -zane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails