12.09.2010

The Christmas Decorating Has Begun

Just so you all know, I have started decorating. I got out all of my Christmas dishes and did a swap out in my hutch.


These are the dishes I started collecting when I lived in Germany. We went to the actual Waechtersbach factory and I bought most of them there. Back then the exchange rate was superb so I got them really really cheap. I won't tell you how cheap because you would hate me. Okay, truthfully I don't remember, but I do know it was cheap. Cheaper then some of the pieces I got at Tj Maxx.


This is the cabinet I had planned on painting so lets us turn on our imaginations and picture it a creamy white with the bead board to match the walls. Isn't it lovely?


My mom brought this ornament back from her recent trip to Italy. I just love it. I tied a ribbon to it and hot glued the ribbon to the inside of the cloche so that it is suspended. It needs a little snow for the bottom don't you think?



The glasses were found at the Mikasa outlet years ago. Then I found more at Tuesday Morning. I really love them. I have another box of them down below.


I still have to go get some greens from the store. I just don't have a lot of pretty evergreens outside. I have tons of azaleas though. So, I will fill in spots later when I can clip some from our tree which we need to go buy. It used to be a big family event to the tree farm. Picking out just the right one. Driving everyone nuts because I couldn't decide. Everyone freezing. Kids bickering. Good times. Now it's just a drive to Home Depot. Somehow it's not the same.


Linking up with :
French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Holiday

see ya later,

22 comments:

  1. Anita, love how the red looks with that blue wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red dishes, looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita, I love your dishes! The cloche is so cute with your ornament in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea to hang an ornament from the cloche. The santa pitcher is my favorite! What's Christmas without red? Look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anita,
    I have that ceramic holly leaf, too! And your German dishes are great! The exchange rates were so much better before the Euro came along! Now I need to get out my Christmas dishes, I almost forgot! Oh, I really love your santa pitcher, too! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was naughty this year and left the Christmas dishes alone....but I did bring out one cute little red plate with white polka dots that Brenna uses a lot....
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This collection is gorgeous. I can definitely picture the cabinet that way. The snow ball does need snow or even a piece of pine or something like that. Cotton with pine needles scattered? You get the drift I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks great, i just love this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know that you once lived in Germany...I would love that. I bet your dishes bring back lots of wonderful memories of the time you spent there. They sure are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the red dishes...and the Santa pitcher is gorgeous. I'm a pitcher addict you know!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anita, you have a lovely collection of those dishes! I have one plate that was a gift years ago. Your cabinet looks so pretty, fun and festive! I just started my decorating, too. I'm slow going at it this year. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to suggest you paint that hutch white, lol. The christmas dishes look fantastic!

    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad I'm not the only one late to get started! Loving your christmas dish display....

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's looking very Christmas~ey! I really like your red dishes.

    The hutch will look great painted white!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful display of all the red and green dishes! Great idea with the ornament... and yes... I say snow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Anita! Love all your touches of Christmas! I can't wait to see the hutch painted white!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the same Christmas dishes! My MIL started giving them to me for Christmas after I got married. I have a lot of the same pieces that you have. I even have glassware, cloth napkins, kitchen towels and pot holders! I'm sure you paid a lot less than me! I love how you displayed them. I use mine everyday during the month of December.
    You should paint the hutch white - it would look great! Stop by my blog when you have a chance - www.thriftydecormom.blogspot.com

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has begun and is looking good. Love those red dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The white cabinet with the bead board ROCKS!

    I may be spray painting all my gourds white. Just thought you should be the first to know!!!

    LOVE the story about your collection of dishes! How long did you live in Germany and why??

    xo
    ~Kolein

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey there Anita! Loving your Christmas red dishes - they are so charming~ and I can imagine your cupboard all painted- it will be gorgeous! That little ornament in the cloche is sweet too- how neat that it came from Italy! Thanks so much for sharing at my party this week!! Always nice to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking good Anita! Like the ornament in the cloche idea.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails