12.13.2010

Christmas Mantel

We had some sunshine today so I could take some pictures of my mantel. I know I'm a little slow. I tried to decorate more wintry since I like to keep it up until after the new year. I am not the person who rips down the tree the day after opening gifts.


I have these two curved mirror that have been sitting in my closet. I remember grabbing them on the last day at an antique market.  It was one of those "I have to get one more thing" moments. So, I paired them up with my old window and hung my little starfish up. Almost like a coastal snow flake.


The greens were plopped in my champagne bucket along with some pine cones that I found out back still on the branches. I just tipped them with some with paint to match the ones on the wreath.



It seems blogger is feeling a bit fussy tonight and not letting me upload any of my other pictures. So, I will have to leave you with just this for now. Have no fear, I will try again in the morning. Hopefully I will have better luck tomorrow.


see ya later,

15 comments:

  1. It looks very pretty, Anita. I love your wreath! I keep my tree up until New Year's Day. That's how we always did it growing up. It takes a lot of work putting it up and I like to enjoy it for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive! Love your fireplace screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your startfish are perfect costal snowflakes. Your wreath is beautiful and I love the idea of using paint on the pinecones.
    I totally love your candleholder, perfectly rusty and beautiful.
    I think your Christmas decorations are lovely. Colorful and perfect for the season, but nice and simple, not overdone and fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very wintery! I really like your wreath, and the mirrors next to the window.

    Blogger started acting funny with the pictures for me, too. Then they told me I had to buy more space. I just found out that if you have clickable pictures, they store each picture twice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful Anita! I love the mirrors and the trees plopped in the buckets are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty mantel! I love the mirrors paired with the old window!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking mantel! The starfish hanging from the mirrors is very fun! Love to decorate with old windows, tins and mirrors. Looks pretty and calm!

    Merry Christmas!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so you- it's perfect! the starfish are my fave touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fireplace mantle looks so pretty all decked out for the holidays, Anita!
    Blogger has been fussy lately. It's been driving me crazy! Good luck with the picture loading.
    Happy Holidays!
    xoxo,
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mantel looks so festive! I love the mirrors with the starfish accents.

    Can you send some sun and warm my way. Baby it's cold outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your mantle, Anita! Those mirrors look great flanking the window, such a neat idea! And I love your pinecones, and you are so right, the starfish do look like snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phew. I had to load your page like four times for this box to work. Weird. :/

    Anyways, I LOVE your mantle! It looks great! I love the coloring and design taste you have! Beautiful!

    I am so glad I came across your blog. The "going a little coastal" made me chuckle out loud. Way cute!


    What would you do with a $75 gift card?  I have a  giveaway on my blog right now for just that!  

    Come on over and enter!  

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mantel looks great! I love the starfish dangling down!! I read where the wood was gone now... FUNNY!! I bet you don't get to use that fireplace often! I heard Florida got that blast of cold, too. Very pretty mantel Anita!

    Merry Christmas!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are the CL buckets! Cool.
    I like the window.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails