8.24.2011

Dune Road Designs





Last month I was contacted by a company called Dune Road Designs.
Have you heard of them?

two plates 2_edited-1

It’s a company that was started by three women who wanted to create some dinnerware with a nautical look and feel. 
Something that not only would look good but could easily be used on a boat, deck or even on the dining room table. 
They so graciously sent me a sampling to try out.

dishes

After some shipping issues I finally received my box. I was so excited to get it.
I received a dinner plate, a salad plate, a set of 4 cups and a pack of napkins.

salad plate_edited-1

They are made of high quality melamine. 
I know when you hear melamine you think cheap plastic but these are not. They are far from it. 
They may cost a bit more but the quality is not like anything I’ve seen at the stores.

I was surprised at just now substantial they are.
They have the feel of stoneware without the weight.

dinner plate 2_edited-1

The dishes have some depth to them which keeps your food on your plate. 
I love that about them. 
I have some thin melamine and I’ve had things slide right off if you aren’t careful. 
Especially if you’ve had a glass of wine or two!

shell cup

crab cup_edited-1

The colors and patterns are just beautiful.
The set of 4 cups each have a different design on them. 
A conch shell, a crab, a starfish and seahorse.  
The set of 4 salad plate are sold the same way.

dinner plate_edited-1

They are dishwasher safe but they are not for the microwave.
I hope they will add more of a description on their site to include this information. 
Some size information would be good too.
Looks like they may still be tweaking their website a bit.

two plates_edited-1


Dune Road also carries serving pieces, stationary and candles.
The serving pieces are really cute. 
There is a three sectioned appetizer dish that I really like.
What a great gift any of these pieces would make.

I hope you’ll stop by Dune Road Designs and see what they have to offer.

disclaimer: I have been given a sample set from Dune Road Designs but my opinions are my own.


Linking up with:
French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest


image

20 comments:

  1. They look great! The cups are very cute as is the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they really have nice nautical designs...

    nice and pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nautical designs are very nice.. you said they were 'light' in weight.. do you think they might be a bit too 'light' on a rocking boat? Wonder if the company offers a nice basket for storage...Hmmmm I'll go check them out...Your tablescape design did them proud!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love them! the glasses especially are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are awesome! I love nautical designs. I couldn't tell that they melamine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great - I love the color of blue they used. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm kinda coveting the platter!
    I really thought they were stoneware~they look like really nice dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really cool and you've done a great job displaying them Anita! Hopping over there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely!! I've seen this line in various online stores. And good that they are sturdy and durable..., so they last. Nothing worst than throw away plastic products!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great, I love the glasses.
    Your fruit looks so good too.
    Off to check them out!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice but I wish they would make the products in a coral color too...blue doesn't go in my decor scheme..boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice!! The plates are a gorgeous color, and I love how you styled your photos. It makes it all look so inviting.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are very pretty! I love the design on them.

    Take care,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice...they would look great on my friend's boat. I will check out the website.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these! The cups are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stylish idea for picnics & lunches on the boat.
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Your display of this is beautiful. I will check out their site.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love this Anita...what a pretty nautical table done up right.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anita!! Love this - your nautical table is wonderful! The dishes are quite charming- will check them out sometime!! I had to giggle about the wine remark! :) Thanks so much coming over and sharing this charming set at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails