7.24.2010

Estate Sale Heaven

I wanted to show you a glimpse of what I have been going to for the past few days. This is an estate sale that was being held at an auction house because the house was too unsafe for shoppers. I can only imagine what was left of the house and all that was still attached to it! How I would have loved to have been able to go to the house and rip out old doors, windows and trim.


There was so much stuff here it was overwhelming. My eyes did not know where to land for fear that I would miss something. Should I go left, should I go right, I almost had a panic attack. Day one was Thursday. I spent somewhere between 2 or 3 hours in here. I really don't know. Time was a blur and I was in heaven. I picked up the mirror that I showed you yesterday, a window frame, 3 little creamers, a wooden box and a blue ball jar. Oh and something I'm calling a coop because, well, I haven't a clue what it is and that's what the Mr. called it. 



 There was stuff everywhere. Every where. You had to look on the floor, behind things, on the walls, in boxes, every where. These are not my pictures but those that they put online. I am signed up at a website called estatesales.net. They will email you when estate sales are in your area. It's fantastic. I love it and you should try it and see what comes up.



There were insulators coming out the ying yang. I didn't get any but I did get the small blue ball jar. There some really neat old bottles. A lot looked like they had just been unearthed! 



There were two rooms full of stuff. I went back on day two and everything was 20% off. My plan was not to go back until Saturday when it was 50% but I was weak,  I could not stay away. I decided to just get small stuff and see what big things were still there. I picked up an old wooden floor lamp for 4.00 and two of  those old bottles. I had the lamp in my hand on day one but then was unsure. But I could not stop thinking about the darn thing. I could always take it apart and do something with the pieces if nothing else. Then came day three. It was pretty wiped out of the things I had been eye balling so I just picked up one more thing. The wooden wheel of a pulley. At least I think that's what it was. I liked the old weathered look and it will be good to elevate things on shelves.



Look at this ginormous sign! It was in perfect condition. I didn't ask how much. I don't think it would fit above my fireplace anyway. But it certainly would make a statement!



It was so much fun! I was by myself and able to take my time. Yet, I felt like you all were there with me. I know how so many of you love all that is old and lovely as much as I do. It would have been a hoot if you could have tagged along though. I left in such a good mood. I hope to come across more of these type of estate sales. I went to one today at a house. It was listed in craigslist. It was the 3rd weekend that she had held the sale. It was pretty neat too. I can only imagine what I missed on the first two sales. I picked up two small corbels, another blue jar and 3 white fire king bowls. You just never know what you might find or where you might find it.

16 comments:

  1. WOW. Looks like so much fun. I feel like I sm watching an episode of American Pickers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I sure would have loved being at that sale! I would have been in heaven! Sounds like you found some pretty neat things, at great prices, too. Usually estate sales around here are just a bunch of over priced junk! I will have to check out that site, thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I think I would have had a total panic attack in there! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks like a thrifters dream! Wish I was there I would have loved to have gone with you. I am a member of estates.net but we never have anything that compares to that. I guess I'm in poor mans land,lol.
    You can spend the next few days just basking in your finds. Lucky You!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be the 4th "WOW" on your comments and that is all I have to say....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun couple of days you've had! That's my idea of a GREAT time!

    WHY don't we get sales like that here????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for that site. I'm signing up for it right now. What cool things and I love your finds in the post below. Old and lovely things ARE just the best. To know that there is a history of other lives is my favorite thing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I walk into an Estate Sale it makes me sad to look at the stuff that once was someones life..especially the closets.. in the drawers, her rollers etc...
    When my mom died I could not do it.. I called the battered women's shelter and donated it all!
    I can't believe this was all in one house!
    Would have loved to be there with you!
    Sandy
    thewondersofdoing@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh. Look at all that stuff. Is that what is going to happen when our family has to sell off our lifetime of collecting? That is an amazing amout of stuff from one home. I sure wish I was there in person. :) You really hit the jackpot with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I would have lost mind! Visiting my sister in Florida at Christmas time; hoping to bring a carload of loot back with me, lol!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy licious! Loved my visit...I am now a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH DEAR, ANITA!!!!
    I would have been in heaven, too!!
    I sell on eBay and would have had a blast buying so I could resell---get outta my way, heehee :)
    The trumeau mirror you found is wonderful--I'm kinda jealous :)
    By the way, I have been, over the past few weeks, trying to comment on your posts, but my blogger acct. doesn't bring up your comment box even after I F5 it 20 times--quite frustrating! I just wanted you to know that I AM reading your posts! I love your ideas and adventures, just can't make my comment "stick". Ugh.
    Hugs,
    ~me
    P.S. Today I got lucky and got this box--who knows if it will post it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. That looks like heaven. I always want to go to these, but always have my girls in tow and unfortunately the youngest is at the 'sweeping at everything in eye sight' age... I'm not sure that would go down too well in here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You lucky duck! That sale looks like a junker's heaven for sure. I hope you thought of me while you were there. I would have been rooting you on.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, be still my beating heart...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails