7.26.2010

Estate Sale Treasures

I had given you a sneak peak of the things I found at the estate sale. So, I thought I'd better hurry and get at least some of them up for you to see. Here are the 3 creamers. Two are silver plate. One of them looks like a little tea pot with the lid and spout.  The other one is ironstone. Something about the pattern just said pick me up! And for .50 I obliged.


The box I loved. It's warmth of the wood and the dovetailing are terrific. Plus, it held all my little creamers while I browsed. The two jars were bought at different sales but I didn't have any of that size so they were both great additions to my larger ones.



Two old bottles. The dark blue one was just like that. Like someone had just dug it up. It was just old newspaper that was crumbling off but it had an H on it. My last initial. And the other had it's cork with writing on it. I have weird criteria when I decide on what to bring home. But it makes sense to me.


Here they are all washed up. I haven't cleaned the inside of the light one. I need to figure out how to get in there and clean the neck.



These two corbels came from the estate sale at the old run down house we stopped at on Saturday. For $3 I got these, the blue jar with the zinc lid and 3 white bowls which I don't have a picture of.  I'm a cheap date.


I'm thinking they are some sort of a mold to make plaster corbels. They are not wood. They have a number engraved on the end along with the one written on it. If anyone has an idea please let me know.I think they're pretty neat.


I have the window frame and my coop to show you next. I would like to get the frame hung up before I do. I'm going to give it a waxing. The coop still needs a cleaning and maybe some wax too. I may want some ideas from you all on that one. 

Side note: I know a lot of my pictures are taken on my hearth but I do not keep them all there. I swear. Just better lighting in that spot.

Have a great day and stay out of the heat. It's going to be another scorcher!

Linking up with
Southern Hospitality Today's Thrifty Treasures
Coastal Charm Nifty Thrify Tuesdays

25 comments:

  1. Love the bottles and the creamer especially! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun weekend at the sales you had. Love the bottles. And you are right, that wooden box it awesome.There are so many ways to use a box that size. Still waiting to see the window . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some really neat treasures!!! I love the scrolly things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some great stuff! You can never have too many blue canning jars!

    I really like that wood box you found. It's pretty great. And the corbels~too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! The scrolly things are corbels, an architectural detail on a house. I love corbels, you can do so much with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great finds! I love the old bottles, so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of it is great. I love the bottles but my fav is the little flower creamer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you found was a fun find, in my opinion. Love the blue bottles and the silver plate creamers. Do you have a couple of different sizes of bottle brushes so you can clean the bottles? Sometimes, if a brush is too large for the opening, I'll fill the piece with rice and hot water, then shake shake shake. Sometimes, a little lime-away/water soak is called for. Good luck with the cleaning process.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Weird criteria" is sure working for you because you brought home some great stuff! Love it all!

    Marlee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeahhhhh....finally got to see it. I wish I could have shopped with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stuff! The corbels would make good bookends, if they're heavy enough and you are so inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Anita-
    You found great treasures!I love the bottles. The blue is wonderful.
    I linked to the same party at Linda's-

    Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing the beautiful things you've found. You have such a way with these lovely treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh, I really like those corbels! They would make a terrific shabby shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anita! Well, the table actually looked pretty good but was missing all of the leaves. I plan on sanding down the top and refinishing it because it had some pretty bad scratches. It would be great with 6 chairs, but probably not large enough for 8. Wish they could have found the leaves, because I bet it had three and would have been huge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You found some really good treasures. Love the blue bottles and the corbels! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love estate sales especially when you can get great finds for those prices!

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great bargains! I would have bought everything that you bought - especialy at those prices. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm intrigued when you refer to waxing. What do you do? Please describe and I can't wait to see. Thanks. Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love the different shades of blues in all the glass bottles!! So happy I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all the blue bottles. La

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anita, I wish I could go shopping with you! it looks like so much fun!
    I hope you are having a lovely week!!
    hugs, Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh what wonderful treasures. I especially love the old bottles. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice finds! Thanks for visiting.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE blue glass. You have a great eye thats for sure. Have you tried a baby bottle brush? You can get them at the dollar store. Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails