I was at TJ Maxx the other day and came across these two place mats. I liked the large stitched flower on them.
They were only .50 each. So, I thought I could turn them into pillows since there were only two of them left.
I just ripped out the seam on one side. It was topped stitched all the way around. Then I realized I should have washed them first because they were a bit stiff. There was some interfacing in them. I wish I had washed them prior to removing the seam on one of them as it would have not frayed at all. But it wasn't bad. I pressed them after they dried.
I had an old pillow that I was not using. It had gotten lumpy. So I ripped it open and refluffed it. Just pull it apart and it will refluff. I fluffed and I stuffed.
Then I pinned it closed. I have no pics of me sewing it because I was having a fit trying to get that fat thing under the needle and keeping it there. It then occurred to me that perhaps I stuffed it to much. So, I removed some, Stitched it almost all the way and then replaced just some of it so it wasn't so gosh darn fat. It would have been a lot easier to hand stitch it close but it was topped stitched elsewhere.
And there you go. Two pillows for .50 each. Not too shabby. They will eventually go outside on the lounge chairs I'm still looking for.
Linking up with:
Funky Junk Saturday Nite Special