10.29.2012

A Walk in the Woods



Hey, How is everyone doing? I hope all of you guys up on the northern coast are safe and sound. I know a lot of you are getting hammered with lots of wind and rain. I hope you’re not without power for too long.

lake2_edited-1

I had planned on sharing with you a vegetable lasagna recipe that I sort of threw together.
I took all sorts of pretty shots of each step. They were good.
Not, The Pioneer Woman good, but good in my own half blurry way.
But again, I had issues with my memory card and I lost them all.
So no lasagna for you! I bet PW doesn't have these issues.


spider web_edited-1

But we had a gloriously clear and crisp weekend. 
(Sorry to all of you who are soaked right now.)

And so we stopped off for a little nature walk at Rocky Bayou State Park. 
It was sort of a spur of the moment thing and I did not have my big camera with me. 
Just my trusty iphone.

moss_edited-1

There were tons of these funky blobs of moss. It was really cool looking.

moss3_edited-1

I got up and personal with it.

moss2_edited-1

No one was around to see me with my butt up in the air.

lake_edited-1

I was really hoping to see some fall color. There is not much around here in the way of reds and yellows. 
It is still a little early for us. Which is why I love Instagram. I get to see everyone else’s fall colors. 
Are you on instagram? Let me know if you are. I'd love to see your photos.
And feel free to check out my feed. It’s on the side bar.

leaves_edited-1

Pitiful, I know.

leaning trees_edited-1 

Lean on me.... sing it with me....

tree_edited-1


Then on the way home we stopped along the roadside so I could grab some of these.

wildflowers_edited-1



Free flowers :)
They filled out my new milk glass pitcher nicely.

I found a few more treasures recently too. I’ll be putting them in my etsy shop tomorrow.
So stop by Skyland Drive and have look.

Stay safe everyone and have a great week!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Your photos are such a treat - such a different terrain than Colorado!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those little moss things are so neat! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fresh Fall flower arrangement Anita! That moss is pretty....really interesting looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty pics from your iphone. love the moss it's so neat looking. I've never seen anything like that before.

    you need to get that memory card thing figured out girl!

    hope you have a great week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's Deer Moss. I grew up in your area and now live in Fairhope. I love to decorate with Deer Moss, but before you use it, put it in a plastic bag, with the top opened, and microwave it for just a minute or so to kill any bugs. As if there are any bugs in Florida! Ha!

    Great blog! Glas I found you through Coastal Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails