9.03.2010

Silver and White Treasures

Is everyone having a crazy week or is it just me? I can't believe it's September already. I am feeling quite behind on so many things so I'm trying to play catch up. I would like to thank my new followers for joining along. I really appreciate the time you all take to leave your comments. It means a lot to me.

I did take some time to hit an estate sale yesterday and came home with these two little gems.


I love these tall silver candy dishes. Of course you can put whatever you like in them. They look pretty with a floating flower in them. I really liked all the engraving on this one. I thought it was so pretty.


The bowl part was already pretty shiny. I just had to clean a few big black spots underneath. I didn't clean it a whole lot. I like it a bit tarnished looking.


This little tureen was so cute that I had to get it. I thought it would be good for gravies or cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving. There was a big one too but it was priced a little high. I wish I had the time to go back today to get it at a discount.


I may try the recipe to brighten up ironstone on the ladle as it has some stains on the backside. Otherwise it was in good shape.


I hope you all have a great weekend. I'm hoping for some cooler weather soon. I can't seem to get in the mood to drag out my Fall stuff just yet. I don't want to let go of summer.


Linking up with:
Debbiedoos Garage Salen Party
Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Southern Hospitality's Today's Thrifty Treasures

17 comments:

  1. You find the best stuff! I'm pretty sure I have the tray that goes with that candy dish. You should send it over and I could check and make sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love ironstone and white, period! That is a really pretty little tureen, Anita. It's so much fun to shop for pretties when we thrift or go to estate sales, isn't it? I have to admit that I am certainly addicted! *grin* You're a girl after my own heart. I like my silver a little tarnished, too...
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so classy together. I love that cute little tureen. I can't wait for cooler weather too. I know I am a little ahead of myself with the Fall decor, but I just love it. Thanks for joining in Anita. Have a great weekend. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those are so elegant and beautiful! Great finds. :)
    Have a great day and God bless,
    Shannon

    P.S.
    I would like to invite you to come on over on my blog! :) This Monday, I am announcing a mega giveaway for a blog party that I am hosting. There will be over six chances to win, and the prizes include everything from candy and photography prints, to bath sets and hobo bags. Hope you can join in! :)

    Blog: { http://belowtheplateau.blogspot.com }

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anita....!

    Oh YES Lovey I know EXACTLY what you mean....Crazy crazy....C-R-A-Z-Y....hahahahaha....But life would be boring without a LITTLE crazy right....??

    LOVE BOTH of your finds....I tend to leave silver stuff in the tarnished state I find it....Mostly 'cause I LOATHE the extra effort involved in maintaining the shine....hahahahahaha....!!

    The little tureen is just DELICIOUS....We have a powder product down here called Napisan....Funnily enough, it's used to clean cotton nappies....I soak ALL my china, pottery etc in this & it tends to remove or lighten stains & marks....!

    Cheers for now,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please, you must share your recipe to brighten up ironstone! I bought a tray this week that has a stain. I bought it to display up on top of my cabinets so it won't show the stain... I love your tureen. I think they look so elegant. The silver is wonderful too. A little tarnish just gives it character... It was hot at the beach when we left today too. Not much better here at home, 93.
    Have a great Labor Day Week-end, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, Anita... those are some great finds. I love that silver candy stand. It has the perfect patina.
    Have a great weekend!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both your finds!! Many uses for both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds, Anita! They are both very pretty...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want that little soup tureen! Sweet!
    Anita, thanks for your comment on my side table find and I'm beginning to value your suggestions,,The white wash idea is perfect!.. keep them up!
    Tanks so much
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pieces! I especially love the candy dish.
    I wanted to let you know that I'll be bragging about you tomorrow! I'll be featuring your beautiful Trumeau mirror on my Brag Monday post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am new here! Great site! Hope you'll come visit me too :)

    http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. A little silver is a nice touch in any room. Looking around here, you'd think I like mine VERY tarnished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have the greatest finds, I want to shop/thrift with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anita,
    Great finds...love that mini tureen...happy NTT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. more great finds, you do have an eye for them. i love the ironstone piece, i have a soft spot for ironstone, it goes anywhere with anything, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails